The BC Ministry of Health reported 652 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, September 28th.
There have been 185,432 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 70
- Fraser Health: 219
- Island Health: 82
- Interior Health: 162
- Northern Health: 117
- Resident outside Canada: 2
There are currently 5,992 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
177,113 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 316 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 141 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
2 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,942.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 20th to 26th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 72.2% of cases.
From September 13th to 26th, they accounted for 82.5% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 20-26):
- Total: 5,012
- Not vaccinated: 3,263 (65.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 357 (7.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,392 (27.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 13-26):
- Total: 360
- Not vaccinated: 269 (74.7%)
- Partially vaccinated: 28 (7.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 63 (17.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 20-26):
- Not vaccinated: 296.0
- Partially vaccinated: 93.1
- Fully vaccinated: 34.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 13-26):
- Not vaccinated: 40.0
- Partially vaccinated: 11.1
- Fully vaccinated: 1.5
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 26.7 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
There have been three new outbreaks at Village by the Station (Island Health), Willingdon Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
One outbreak has been declared over at Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health).
There is a total of 22 active outbreaks, including:
- Long Term Care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander (Interior Health), Wrinch Memorial Hospital, Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health), Village by the Station and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health)
- Acute Care: none
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor, Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health), Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health), Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health)
Island Health reported 82 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 577 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 299 │Total Cases: 3518
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 235 │ Total Cases: 3798
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 43 │Total Cases: 1087
35 people remain in hospital with 15 in ICU.
There has been 2 new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 65 deaths on Vancouver Island.
87.8% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 80.6% have received their second dose.
In addition, 88.3% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 81.4% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,812,228 (+9,693) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,736,540 (+6,934) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 233,303,612 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,773,311 have died, and 210,073,990 have recovered.