The BC Ministry of Health reported 759 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, September 22nd.
There have been 180,937 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 101
- Fraser Health: 214
- Island Health: 79
- Interior Health: 233
- Northern Health: 129
- Resident outside Canada: 3
There are currently 5,458 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
173,215 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 324 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 157 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
10 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,910.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Sunset Manor (Fraser Health).
There are a total of 23 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander (Interior Health), Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor (Fraser Health), David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 79 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 563 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 339 │Total Cases: 3319
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 180 │ Total Cases: 3597
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 44 │Total Cases: 1060
35 people remain in hospital with 20 in ICU.
There has been one new death in the Island Health region today, and a total of 59 deaths on Vancouver Island.
To date, 87.1% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 79.7% received their second dose.
In addition, 87.7% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.5% received their second dose.
To date, 7,739,828 (+14,242) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,692,922 (+7,123) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 230,538,076 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,725,981 have died, and 207,265,997 have recovered.