The BC Ministry of Health reported 785 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, September 1st.
There have been 166,853 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 110
- Fraser Health: 246
- Island Health: 69
- Interior Health: 266
- Northern Health: 94
There are currently 5,873 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
158,900v people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 199 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 112 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were two new reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 1,818.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 203 │Total Cases: 2,616
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 162 │ Total Cases: 2,995
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 64 │Total Cases: 883
15 people remain in hospital with 12 in ICU.
There has been one new death in the Island Health region today, and a total of 48 deaths on Vancouver Island.
85.0% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.6% have received their second dose.
To date, 3,676,744 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,355,134 of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 219,211,006 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,543,394 have died, and 195,984,821 have recovered.