The BC Ministry of Health reported 820 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, September 10th.
There have been 173,158 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 112
- Fraser Health: 264
- Island Health: 90
- Interior Health: 253
- Northern Health: 101
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,850 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
165,027 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 281 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 135 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
9 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,856.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From September 2nd to 8th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 78.4% of cases.
From August 26th to September 8th they accounted for 86.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (September 2nd to 8th):
- Total: 4,661
- Not vaccinated: 3,252 (69.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 402 (8.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,007 (21.6%)
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized (August 26th to September 8th):
- Total: 358
- Not vaccinated: 292 (81.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 18 (5.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 48 (13.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (September 2nd to 8th):
- Not vaccinated: 301.2
- Partially vaccinated: 88.7
- Fully vaccinated: 26.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (August 26th to September 8th):
- Not vaccinated: 39.5
- Partially vaccinated: 6.7
- Fully vaccinated: 1.1
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There are 22 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-term Care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
- Acute Care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- Assisted or Independent Living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
Island Health reported 90 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 463 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 181 │Total Cases: 2843
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 202 │ Total Cases: 3239
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 80 │Total Cases: 981
19 people remain in hospital with 13 in ICU.
There has been one new death in the Island Health region today, and a total of 54 deaths on Vancouver Island.
85.5% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.0% received their second dose.
In addition, 86.1% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.9% have received their second dose.
To date, 7,583,999 (+13,075) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,614,503 (+6,436) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 224,360,038 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,625,552 have died, and 200,950,697 have recovered.