This election day, BC Transit has taken the stress out of getting to the polls by offering free transit in communities across British Columbia.
On Monday, September 20th, six Vancouver Island communities will be offering free transit to help people get to the polls and cast their ballots.
Previously, BC Transit offered free transit last October for the Provincial Election on October 24th, 2020.
General voting day for the upcoming federal election will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, September 20th.
You can see the list of Vancouver Island communities below:
- Comox Valley (includes handyDART)
- Cowichan Valley (includes handyDART but not commuter routes 66 and 99)
- Nanaimo Regional (includes handyDART)
- Port Alberni (includes handyDART)
- Salt Spring Island (paratransit system)
- Victoria Regional (includes handyDART)