The BC Ministry of Health reported 752 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, October 6th.
There have been 191,124 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 85
- Fraser Health: 297
- Island Health: 76
- Interior Health: 164
- Northern Health: 130
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,945 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
182,786 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 350 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 136 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
9 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,992.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health). The outbreaks at The Hamlets at Westsyde (Interior Health) and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been declared over, for a total of 18 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-Term Care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station (Interior Health), Wrinch Memorial Hospital, Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
- Acute Care: Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health), University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
- Assisted or Independent Living: Sunset Manor (Fraser Health) and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
Island Health reported 76 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 659 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 342 │Total Cases: 3855
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 264 │ Total Cases: 4052
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 53│Total Cases: 1142
39 people remain in hospital with 22 in ICU.
There has been one new deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 71 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021, 88.4% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.9% received their second dose.
In addition, 88.9% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 82.7% received their second dose.
To date, 7,908,832 (+13,857) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,799,798 (+10,619) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 236,827,994 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,835,160 have died, and 213,944,680 have recovered.