Since September, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 has been required in BC for people attending certain recreational settings and events outlined by BC Health Officials.
The temporary public health order required people to be vaccinated with at least one dose by September 13th and with two doses by October 24th.
When attending an event or eating at a restaurant, residents must have their BC Vaccine Card and photo identification ready to be checked and scanned.
Once the BC Vaccine Card’s QR code has been scanned, the app will let the business know if someone is fully or partially vaccinated or if there is no record of vaccination for them.
Up until this point, records of partial vaccination had granted those access to recreational settings, events, restaurants and more.
As of today, October 25th, proof of full vaccination must be present in order to access these events and businesses. Partial vaccination will no longer grant access to businesses in which the vaccine card is required.
Also starting today, attendance at organized events and gatherings in the province will be increased from their current restricted capacity of 50% back to100%.
The changes will come into effect in BC where there are no regional health orders in place. As of this publication, there are currently regional health orders in Northern Health, Interior Health and Fraser East.
In addition to the above changes, seated requirements will also be lifted in places such as restaurants and pubs to allow more freedom of movement. This does not include dance floors at nightclubs.
Masks will still be required in public settings and when not seated.
The vaccine card is currently required for:
- Indoor ticketed concerts, theatre, dance, symphony and sporting events
- Indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants, pubs and bars
- Nightclubs and casinos
- Movie theatres
- Gyms and recreation facilities
- Indoor high intensity group exercise
- Indoor organized gatherings like weddings, parties, conferences, meetings and workshops
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities like pottery and art
- Post-secondary on-campus student housing; Students must be partially-vaccinated by September 7th.
- The changes will come into effect where there are no regional health orders in place. There are currently regional health orders in Northern Health, Interior Health and Fraser East.