Another Christmas season has come and gone.
Depending on when you like to pack up your decorations and take the tree down, you may be trying to figure out where you can get this year’s tree chipped!
Before recycling, don’t forget to remove all screws, nails, lights and ornaments from the tree. These items may be potentially hazardous if passed through chipping equipment.
When you are ready to wrap up your holiday celebrations, here are 22 places to get your Christmas tree chipped in and around Victoria:
The Easter Seals Christmas Tree Recycling Fundraiser
This holiday, donate your tree and also support Easter Seals Camp Shawnigan, an overnight and day summer camp program for children and adults with disabilities.
You can drop off your tree with a cash donation to Tillicum Shopping Centre, Save-On-Foods (Fort & Foul Bay), Westshore Town Centre, University Heights Shopping Centre and Broadmead Village Shopping Centre. There are also drop off locations in Mill Bay, Shawnigan Lake and Duncan.
Pick up on January 8th is also available for the Greater Victoria region for a minimum $20 donation. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. You can register here.
- Where: 5 locations throughout Victoria and 3 locations in the Cowichan Valley. You can view a list of locations here.
- When: January 8th and 9th
McKenzie Elementary School
McKenzie Elementary School and Bartlett Tree Excerpts are teaming up for their annual Christmas Tree Chipping Fundraiser.
The event runs by donation, with proceeds going to the creation of Outdoor Learning Spaces.
Tree pick up is also available within 3km, please email email@example.com by January 1st to arrange.
- Where: Back parking lot of McKenzie Elementary School, 4005 Raymond Street North.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., January 8th and 9th
Colwood Volunteer Firefighters Association
By donation. Proceeds go to the Colwood Volunteer Firefighters Historical Fund.
- Where: Colwood Fire Hall, 3215 Metchosin Road
- When: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., January 8th and 9th
Compassionate Resource Warehouse
By donation. Proceeds go to youth programming and community.
- Where: Archie Browning Sports Centre Parking Lot, 1151 Esquimalt Road
- When: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., January 8th and 9th
Oak Bay Fire Tree Recycle 2022
By donation. Proceeds go towards the Oak Bay High School Bursary Program.
- Where: 1703 Monterey Avenue, Fireman’s Park (behind the Fire Hall)
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 1st and 2nd
Castaway Wanderers Rugby Club
By donation. Trees will be chipped by Bartlett Tree Services.
- Where: Currie Road next to the Windsor Park Rose Garden
- When: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., December 30th, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 15th
Community Living Victoria
By Donation to Community Living Victoria.
- Where: 3861 Cedar Hill Cross Rd
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 8th and 9th
Central Saanich Lions Club
A donation box will be provided for after hours drop offs.
- Where: 1700 Keating Cross Road, across from Municipal Works Yard.
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., December 28th, January 2nd, 3rd, 8th, and 9th
Victoria Judo Club
By donation. Proceeds will support youth and community athletics. Garden City Tree and Landscape will be doing the chipping.
- Where: Lochside Elementary School, 1145 Royal Oak Drive
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 1st, 2nd and 8th
Reynolds Secondary School
- Where: 3963 Borden Street, Reynolds School parking lot
- When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., January 2nd, 8th and 9th
Juan De Fuca Search and Rescue
By donation. Proceeds will go to search and rescue volunteers. Legendary Tree Services will be donating their tree chipping services.
- Where: 2901 Sooke Road (Slegg Lumber) Jan 2, 2022
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., January 2nd
Victoria High School
By donation. No minimum required. Average donation is $10 to $20 per tree.
- Where: 1260 Grant street
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 8th and 9th, 15th and 16th
Ellice Recycle Ltd.
$15 + tax per tree.
Where: 524 David St. yard
When: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Claremont Key Club
By donation ($10/tree recommended), proceeds will go toward the club’s charitable donations. Service provided by Davey Tree Services.
- Where: 4980 Wesley Road, Claremont Secondary School (student parking lot off Claremont Ave)
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 8th, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., January 9th
UVic Vikes Cross Country and Track Team
By donation. Proceeds will support the UVic Vikes Cross Country and Track team.
Where: Centennial Stadium parking lot
When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., January 8th and 9th
Central Music Parents Association
By donation. Proceeds are used to support music at Central Middle School.
- Where: 1280 Fort St, École Intermédiaire Central Middle School
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 8th and 9th
Knights of Columbus
- Where: St. Joseph the Worker Parish, 753 Burnside Road West
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., January 1st and January 8th
Sidney Sidney Lions Club
- Where: Overflow parking lot of Iroquois Park on Ocean Ave
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., January 8th and 9th
- Where: 1 Hartland Avenue
- When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday. Closed Sundays and Stat Holidays.
Colwood Public Works Yard
- Where: 3300 Wishart Road
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the first and third Saturday of each month (December, January and February)
Royal Oak Middle School
By donation. Proceeds will go toward the Grade 8 farewell. Tree chipping provided by New Growth Tree Services
- Where: 751 Travino Lane
- When: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., January 8th
St. Patrick’s Elementary
- Where: 2368 Trent Street
- When: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., January 2nd, 8th and 9th.
Do you know of another tree chipping event or fundraiser in your area? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on our list!