The BC Ministry of Health reported 3,795 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, December 31st.
There have been 254,849 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 965
- Fraser Health: 1,944
- Island Health: 434
- Interior Health: 320
- Northern Health: 129
- Resident outside Canada: 3
There are currently 20,811 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
231,058 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 220 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 73 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
3 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,423.
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Kopernik Lodge (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Amica Douglas House (Island Health).
There are a total of 15 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There is currently 1 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Friday, December 31st:
- 9,399,015 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.1% (4,392,141) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% (4,133,438) have received their second dose.
- 92% (4,262,385) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.2% (4,133,262) received their second dose and 19.6% (909,248) have received a third dose.
- 92.3% (3,993,382) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.6% (3,877,423) received their second dose, and 21.0% (908,376) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.