The BC Ministry of Health reported 4,997 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, January 24th. Of those cases, 626 were in the Island Health region.
There have been 313,076 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 2,163 new cases
- Saturday-Sunday: 1,489 new cases
- Sunday-Monday: 1,345 new cases
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 862
- Fraser Health: 1,702
- Island Health: 626
- Interior Health: 1,251
- Northern Health: 555
- Resident outside Canada: One new case
There are currently 31,822 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, with 1,544 of those active cases being in the Island Health region.
There are now a total of 987 people in hospital with COVID-19, 129 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
24 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 2,553.
There have been six new healthcare facility outbreaks in the province: Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Crestview Village (Interior Health) and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
The outbreaks at CareLife Fleetwood, Morgan Place (Fraser Health), St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health) and The Heights at Mt. View (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 64 ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 26 healthcare outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Monday, January 24th:
- 89.6% (4,465,993) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 83.6% (4,166,318) have received their second dose.
- 92.6% (4,290,753) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,165,636) received their second dose and 40.4% (1,874,956) have received a third dose.
- 92.9% (4,019,324) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.3% (3,907,214) received their second dose and 43.3% (1,873,448) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.