The BC Ministry of Health reported 799 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, February 23rd.
There have been 346,196 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 52
- Fraser Health: 109
- Island Health: 140
- Interior Health: 280
- Northern Health: 214
- Resident outside Canada: 4
There are now a total of 653 people in hospital with COVID-19, 108 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,831.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreaks at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Chemainus Health Care Centre (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 29 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 15 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Wednesday, February 23rd:
- 11,290,330 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 90.5% (4,513,284) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.0% (4,284,366) have received their second dose.
- 93.2% (4,320,374) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.6% (4,201,165) have received their second dose, and 55.0% (2,549,270) have received a third dose.
- 93.6% (4,046,424) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.1% (3,939,165) have received their second dose, and 57.1% (2,470,565) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.