The BC Ministry of Health reported 259 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, March 22nd.
There have been 354,343 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 63
- Fraser Health: 47
- Island Health: 50
- Interior Health: 76
- Northern Health: 23
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 254 people in hospital with COVID-19, 48 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
There were no reports of deaths from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll at 2,974.
There have been no new healthcare facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreaks at Ponderosa (Interior Health), Berwick House Gordon Head and Luther Court (Island Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of five ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including three in Island Health at The Heights at Mt. View, Yucalta Lodge and Selkirk Seniors Village.
As of Tuesday, March 22nd.
- 11,453,778 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.4% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91.0% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.4% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.