The BC Ministry of Health reported 240 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, March 17th.
There have been 353,379 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 52
- Fraser Health: 47
- Island Health: 41
- Interior Health: 66
- Northern Health: 34
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 298 people in hospital with COVID-19, 49 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
7 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,960.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
The outbreak at Greenwoods (Island Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 8 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 5 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Thursday, March 17th:
- 11,429,442 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 90.8% (4,524,095) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.9% (4,330,237) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,328,709) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.9% (4,214,928) received their second dose and 56.8% (2,633,652) have received a third dose.
- 93.7% (4,053,919) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.3% (3,951,069) received their second dose and 58.7% (2,537,194) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.