The BC Ministry of Health reported 269 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, March 23rd.
There have been 354,603 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 51
- Fraser Health: 49
- Island Health: 53
- Interior Health: 73
- Northern Health: 43
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are now a total of 258 people in hospital with COVID-19, 49 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,975.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
There are a total of 5 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 3 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Wednesday, March 23rd:
- 11,458,133 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 90.8% (4,526,085) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.1% (4,341,506) have received their second dose.
- 93.4% (4,330,184) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91.0% (4,217,679) received their second dose and 57.1% (2,648,785) have received a third dose.
- 93.8% (4,055,277) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.4% (3,953,391) received their second dose and 58.9% (2,549,120) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.