The BC Ministry of Health reported 216 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, April 6th.
There have been 357,974 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 31
- Fraser Health: 55
- Island Health: 39
- Interior Health: 76
- Northern Health: 15
- Resident outside Canada: zero
There are now a total of 329 people in hospital with COVID-19, 37 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
BC health officials say an update on the number of deaths related to COVID-19 will be provided this Thursday, April 7th.
There have been no new healthcare facility outbreaks to report, with the outbreak at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health) now declared over.
There are a total of 11 ongoing healthcare outbreaks in the province, including seven in Island Health at Cowichan District Hospital, The Heights at Mt. View, Selkirk Seniors Village, Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr, Sunridge Place and Ayre Manor.
As of Wednesday, April 6th:
- 11,511,781 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC.
- 93.5% of eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 91.1% have received their second dose.
- 93.8% of all eligible adults in BC have received their first dose, and 91.5% have received their second dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.