The weather is great and the daily events are returning, from yoga to catching a live show, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria this Tuesday, September 27th:
This class is different to the traditional yoga, as in they move, use slow and small movements to go deep to our tight muscles that create pain in our body. You don’t have to be highly flexible to be in this class, just a willingness to try.
- When: Tuesday, September 27th, starts at 9:15 a.m.
- Where: Cook Street Village Activity Centre, #1 – 380 Cook Street
Bartholomew’s Tuesday Night Trivia. Free to play, teams up to eight, and prize to be won every round!
- When: Tuesday, September 27th, 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Bartholomew’s Pub, 777 Douglas Street
Join Royal BC Museum for an evening to acknowledge the history of residential schools as they honour and gather together.
On day two, they will welcome community leader, activist, political leader, residential school Survivor and speaker Guy Louie Senior. There will then be a special screening of We Were Children at IMAX.
Due to the sensitive topic, Wawadiťła (Mungo Martin House) will be open with a ceremonial fire for prayer and reflection throughout the evening. Cultural support workers will be available onsite as needed.
- When: Tuesday, September 27th, starting at 4 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
The Saanich Emergency Program is looking for volunteers. Support your community, gain valuable experience, learn about emergency management. They’re recruiting volunteers for: Emergency Support Services, Neighbourhood Emergency Preparedness Program and Radio Communications. Training provided.
- When: Tuesday, September 27th, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Gordon Head Recreation Centre, 4100 Lambrick Park Way – Feltham Room
Hip-Hop/Rap group Ohgeesy touches down in Victoria at Capital Ballroom.
- When: Tuesday, September 27th, doors open at 7 p.m., show starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street