Happy Thursday, Victoria!
From festive Christmas stories to live music, here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Thursday, December 15th:
The Midnights Motown, Funk, Pop, Rhythm and Blues Band is one of Canada’s hottest, and most distinctive bands.
Known for their high stepping energizing performances, the band delivers music in the style of all the great Pop, Motown and R&B artists.
The Midnights are a treat to watch and are perfect for any and all occasions ranging from corporate events to festivals to weddings and dances.
- Where: Herman’s Upstairs Lounge, 753 View Street
- When: Thursday, December 15th, 8:30 p.m.
Confabulation YYJ: Family Stories
Hosted by Cassandra Togneri, Carol-Lynne Michaels, and a half-dozen fabulous storytellers for a night of all-true stories told by the people that lived them – inspired by the theme “Family Stories”
Expect stories about being together or apart, functioning dysfunction, and moments you’ll never forget. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show will start at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Thursday, December 15th, 7:30 p.m.
A winter’s Eve at Point Ellice House
Hear stories from Victoria’s Christmas past, or listen in on a rendition of the classic 19th-century poem, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Try out our annual Golden Walnut Hunt: explore each room of the historic house to find all the hidden golden walnuts, or enjoy hot cocoa and the glow of lights as you stroll around our heritage gardens.
- Where: Point Ellice House Museum & Gardens, 2616 Pleasant Street
- When: Thursday, December 15th, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Dracula: A Radio Play
On the 125th anniversary of the publication of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Lawyers on Stage Theatre Society (LOST) will present its 2022 annual fundraiser- Dracula: A Radio Play.
Each year talented lawyers and other members of the Victoria legal community go on stage to raise awareness of and support for those in need in our community. This year proceeds will go to support Together Against Poverty Society (TAPS) and Need2: Suicide Prevention, Education, and Support.
- Where: Langham Court Theatre, 805 Langham Court
- When: Thursday, December 15th, 8 p.m.
Open Mic Night at the Loghouse Pub
Order a pint and bring your best singing voice for the Loghouse Pub’s open mic night.
- Where: Loghouse Pub, 2323 Millstream Avenue
- When: Thursday, December 15th, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.