As the new year approaches, some Victorians will begin fresh by hitting the gym, changing their diets, and cutting out alcohol—and mocktails are a perfect way to start!
If this is your time to give up the wobbly pops, mocktails are a great way to enjoy your favourite cocktails with friends, minus the liquor.
Enjoy the new year fresh at these 7 bars and restaurants offering mocktails in Greater Victoria.
Enjoy your time with family and friends with a classy mocktail at Wind Cries Mary. Here the bar is happy to serve creative non-alcoholic drink options that best suit your taste.
- Where: 45 Bastion Square
- When: Monday to Sunday, 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Known as one of Victoria’s longest standing cocktail bars, Clive’s Classic lounge offers three classy mocktails for you and your friends to enjoy.
- Undone not Gin and Lumette London Dry, Undone red aperitif, Undone rosso
- No gracias Margarita
- Free spirit Tequila, agave syrup, lime juice
- Amaretto Sour of sorts
- Free spirit Bourbon, Lyres Amaretti, Lemon juice, egg white
- Where: 740 Burdett Avenue
- When: Tuesday to Thursday, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Relax and enjoy your free time over a fresh mocktail with friends this new year at The Rack Bistro.
This bistro serves a selection of west coast inspired food and a diverse drink menu.
With no specific spirit free menu, feel free to ask your server to modify your drink to alcoholic-free.
- Where: The Rack Bistro, 2345 Millstream Road
- When: Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
If you’re looking to order a mocktail to go. Softer Drink specializes in non-alcoholic cocktails on a wholesale basis to specialty retail shops, cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Where: 1030 Meares Street
- When: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
At 10 acres you can find their selection of alcoholic free cocktails under the ‘Drivers Cocktail’ section on their menu.
Their menu includes an earl grey cream soda, and house-made iced tea.
- Where: 611 Courtney Street
- When: Monday to Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
At Boom and Batten choose from a selection of drinks from their non-alcoholic drink menu.
Try out their ‘pina para la nina’ for a virgin piña colada inspired drink. Served with: pineapple, coconut cream, star anise, and lime.
Looking for a virgin drink with a bit more of a boost to it? Try Boom and Batten’s ‘boom cold brew’, with discovery cold brew, coconut cream, earl grey syrup, lavender cocoa nibs and coconut whipped cream.
- Where: 2 Paul Kane Plaza
- When: Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
This bar is the hottest place to be when it comes to chic vibes and a lively youthful atmosphere.
Citrus & Cane features a wide selection of drinks, including alcoholic free drinks
Their spirit free menu includes sodas and zero proof cocktails such as their ‘like a lotus’ and tiki tea-tollaler. Come to Citrus & Cane for drinks that equally match in flavour and design.
- Where: 1900 Douglas Street
- When: Thursday, 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday 6 p.m. to 12 a.m., Saturday, 5:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.