In case you were looking for an excuse to pop a cork before the weekend – Thursday, May 25th is National Wine Day!
Whether you wish to enjoy restaurants with incredible selections, treat yourself to a higher-end vintage, or make your own, this list has all the know-how!
This is your chance to try something new!
Surprise your tastebuds and go for that peppered and smoky, full-bodied red – or perhaps a bubbly, light apple and pear noted white is what you’re feeling.
If you’re not thirsty yet, you will be! Here are 12 places in and around Victoria to try/buy wine:
This new west coast tapas and wine bar opened last weekend! If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance.
- Where: 460 Pandora Ave
- When: Open 7 days a week from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
What do you do when the wine selection is too good to just pick one?
Get a wine flight! Pick from their pre-selected wine flights or choose your own adventure.
- Where: 230 Cook Street #107
- Tuesday – Thursday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Combine drinks, elegant foods, and friends for the perfect evening out. That’s what L’Apéro aims to deliver!
- Where: 1028 Blanshard Street
- When: Open everyday except Monday – hours vary
Described as snug and chic, this wine bar is bound to bring good vibes and delicious pairings.
- Where: 1307 Gladstone Avenue
- When: Open 7 days a week from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Feeling a night in? Maybe a special party for two?
Well, Cook Street Liquor has the best place to start. Referred to as The Vault, it is a space dedicated entirely to wine – the adult equivalent to a candy store.
- Where: 304 Cook Street
- When: Open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Set the mood at Il Terrazo – candle lit, fine dining, and (you guessed it) an astounding wine selection!
Their certified Sommeliers have created a wine program to complement their offerings.
- Where: 555 Johnson Street
- When: Open 7 days a week from 4 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
Stylish, eco-conscious, and delicious! Enjoy classics like pizza and pasta with your favorite wine.
- Where: 820 Yates Street
- When: Tuesday – Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
According to the website, this vineyard is one of the most sought after event venues in Victoria!
Vineyard tours are available as well – view this enchanting heritage site yourself!
- Where: 5271 Old West Saanich Road
- When: Contact for hours
Visit for a tasting, plan your wedding, or join their wine club – this stunning vineyard strives to create a unique experience for you and your loved ones.
- Where: 1445 Benvenuto Avenue
- Wednesday – Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This winery has been family owned and run since its opening in 1996! Go check out their wide variety of products – they also offer wine coolers and ciders.
- Where: 661 Burnside Road East
- When: Open 7 days a week – hours vary
Up for a challenge? Make the wine yourself!
According to their website, this unique wine establishment has been offering personalized wine making in Victoria for over 30 years.
Who knows, maybe you’ll find your next passion!
- Where: 254 Island Highway
- Tuesday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dedicated to the art of both wine and cheese, this cozy location offers both!
Treat yourself to wine flights and carefully selected artisan cheeses to create the perfect pairing.
As described on their website, they believe in connecting the farmers, cheesemakers, and winemakers to bring the everyone the best visiting experience.
- Where: 2360 Beacon Avenue #101
- Tuesday – Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Did we miss one of your favorite places? Let us know in the comments!