Get ready for the weekend, Victoria!
There are endless amounts of action-packed events to ring in the first weekend of June. You have your choice of festivals, markets, book readings, and more!
Hold on to your hats — here’s 15 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, June 3rd and 4th:
In collaboration with Vancouver’s outstanding Magnet Beer Hall, The Drake Eatery will be featuring a very significant amount of hop-forward beers on Saturday!
There’s going to be plenty to choose from — including 6 collab beers brewed at Brassneck Brewing.
No ticket is required!
- Where: 517 Pandora Avenue
- When: Saturday, June 3rd at 12 p.m.
This is for the lovers of local trinkets and goodies!
Explore the 45 different vendors and listen to live music at the The Fernwood Makers Party.
- Where: 1500 block of Haultain Street and Belmont Avenue.
- When: Saturday, June 3rd from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
All kinds of entertainment will be offered at this family and pet-friendly street festival.
Included will be things like a market of local makers, a silent disco, live music, a dunk tank, a bouncy castle, art activities, drag story time, two photobooths, and more!
- Where: Fort Street, between Vancouver and Cook
- When: Saturday, June 3rd from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Another exciting game between the Victoria HarbourCats and Kamloops NorthPaws will take place this Saturday and not only will you get to enjoy a baseball game, but if you stick around after, you’ll catch the fireworks too. Yes, fireworks!
There’s also an afternoon game on Sunday.
- Where: Royal Athletic Park, 1014 Caledonia Avenue
- Saturday, June 3rd, game starts at 6:35 p.m. with fireworks after the game
- Sunday, June 4th, game starts at 1:05 p.m.
Folktoria is taking over Centennial Square this weekend!
Enjoy this free and vibrant multicultural event with family and friends. There will be music, crafts, food, and more.
- Where: 1 Centennial Square
- Saturday, June 3rd from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Enjoy an afternoon live performance by Cameron Bandshell at Beacon Hill Park!
This event is a part of CityVibe’s free outdoor concert event series happening throughout the summer. Don’t miss out!
- Where: Beacon Hill Park, 100 Cook Street
- When: Sunday, June 4th from 1:30 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Games, a parade, vendors, pancakes, and live music — Brentwood Bay Festival has it all!
Everything is free to attend, all you have to do is enjoy!
- Where: Pioneer Park, 7130 West Saanich Road
- When: Saturday, June 3rd from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Celebrate Leigh, Eve and Patrick’s newest releases at Munro’s Books on Saturday evening!
For those that want a little extra, joining them for the evening will be Sḵwálwen Botanicals and Leigh’s skincare line.
The event is free to attend and light refreshments will be provided!
- Where: 1108 Government Street
- When: Saturday, June 3rd at 7 p.m.
Fashionistas…calling all fashionistas!
This epic fashion pop-up kicked off on Friday, June 2nd and will be running until Sunday, June 4th.
It features all sorts of designer brands for up to 80% off!
- Where: Uptown Shopping Centre, #115A -3531 Uptown Boulevard
- Saturday, June 3rd from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 2nd from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
There will be Show & Shine and Car Club displays, tools and collectibles, and automotive parts for your enjoyment!
Admission is $5 per person but children 12 and under are free.
- Where: Heritage Acres, 7321 Lochside Drive
- When: Sunday, June 4th from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Fun for the whole community! Head down to Willows Beach and check it out for yourself!
This year’s festival kicked off Friday, June 2nd and will mark the 61st Tea Party weekend.
Ticket sales go towards service organizations, such as the Kiwanis and Lions — helping fund many of their community projects!
- Where: Willows Beach
- Saturday, June 3rd from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Described as the perfect morning for good laughs, good tunes, average pens and brand new Inky Dinky’s!
Grab your pals and head over to the Fernwood in this Sunday if this sounds good to you!
- Where: 1302 Gladstone Avenue
- When: Sunday, June 4th from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. (doors open at 11:30 a.m.)
Join in on cheering for the amazing participants of this year’s Down Syndrome Awareness Walk!
According to the event page, there will be bouncy castles, games, and lots of activities to enjoy.
- Where: 857 Beckwith Avenue
- When: Sunday, June 4th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thrifters and vintage lovers, this one’s for you!
Described as the finest in secondhand and vintage clothing, you’re guaranteed to find something you’ll love.
- Where: Market Square, 560 Johnson Street
- When: Saturday, June 3rd and Sunday, June 4th from 12 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The Victoria City Rowing Club is hosting a Come Try Rowing event on Saturday, June 3rd. Come learn all about rowing and test it for yourself!
Drop in any time between 12pm – 4pm — bring the family and your friends!
- Where: Patricia Bay Highway
- When: Saturday, June 3rd from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Or head to the Bay Centre this weekend and play some arcade games!