Victoria city staff have given the green light to licensing applications for five retail cannabis stores in the city.
They are now advising the Council to approve the businesses at their next meeting which will be held on Thursday, March 14th.
The licensing applications have all passed the city’s public consultation process, and were put forth by owners of the five dispensaries which will be located at the following addresses:
- 778 Fort St (run by Cloud Nine Collective)
- 851 Johnson St (run by Clarity Cannabis)
- 603 Gorge Rd E (run by Clarity Cannabis)
- 1402 Douglas St (run by The Original Farm)
- 3055A Scott St (run by The Original Farm)
Once approved by Council, the applications would then go to the province for further approval.
If approved, the businesses will then need to acquire the necessary business licenses and development permits from the City.
- View Royal on track to legalize distribution of recreational cannabis
- Shoppers Drug Mart is officially Canada’s newest licensed cannabis retailer
- BC Cannabis Stores made 21,000 sales in first week of operations