Are you on the hunt for a new job this Spring? Now hiring for March, the Hotel Grand Pacific could be the perfect fit.
Next Saturday, February 9th, the Hotel Grand Pacific is hosting a Housekeeping Job Fair in hopes of finding great candidates to join their team.
Located on downtown Victoria’s beautiful Inner Harbour, the Hotel Grand Pacific is rated one of the Top 10 Hotels in BC by Travel + Leisure Magazine Readers!
The hotel offers guests fantastic amenities, a superb location, and is committed to providing the best possible guest service.
Room Attendant positions available
In this position you are responsible for maintaining the good reputation of the Hotel Grand Pacific by working with speed and precision on guest rooms while addressing the needs of guests – this highly physical profession is an integral part of the organization.
The successful candidate will be physically capable of lifting and carrying (up to 20 lbs) pushing heavy loads for short distances (up to 100 lbs) and can stand and walk constantly for 8 hours a day.
They must have excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure with constant concentration and attention to detail. Good organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
Previous service and cleaning experience is preferred.
The Hotel Grand Pacific’s core values were created by employees, and tell you about their work culture and why it’s a special place to work – they are as follows:
- Everyone is welcome – We invite new employees and guests to our “home”. We celebrate diversity and have an inclusive inviting culture
- Be Genuine – No cookie cutter responses required! We value your ability to provide excellent service and tailor your responses to our guests. No scripts!
- Be Courageous – It takes courage to go the extra mile for our guests and our business
- Listen, Connect and Care – With our guests and our co-workers alike. We have a supportive and encouraging team and leaders
- We are Family – There are many long serving employees within the Housekeeping department and the hotel who have passion for the hotel, the job and the people who work here
Why Choose Hotel Grand Pacific?
- Starting wage is $17.00 per hour then $21.45 after six months
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted employee parking
- Employee meal program
- Dining discounts
- Excellent extended benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, EAP and MSP coverage. RRSP program, and a matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan available when eligible)
- Employee recognition & referral program
The great team you’ll get to work with is just an added bonus!
- When: Saturday, February 9th, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Pender Island Ballroom, Hotel Grand Pacific, 463 Belleville Street
- What to bring: An updated resume, references and a smile!