(Stills from surveillance footage of Andrew Michael Sidor/Saanich Police)

Saanich Police no longer believe that a “suspicious” death that occurred last week was the result of foul play, according to an announcement made by the department today.

On Sunday, August 18th, Saanich Police initially reported that they were investigating the suspicious death of a Victoria man whose remains were discovered in the driveway of a residence at the intersection of Crease Avenue and Wascana Drive.

See also: Saanich police confirm they’re investigating a suspicious death

One day later, on August 19th, police released surveillance footage of the man, 30-year-old Andrew Michael Sidor, in hopes of finding objects that were on his person the last time he was seen, like a distinctive backpack.

By Tuesday, August 20th, police had located Sidor’s backpack and shoes and were still asking for any possible witnesses to come forward as they reconstructed his movements two days before his death.

Yet, two days later on August 22nd, investigators now say foul play is no longer suspected in Sidor’s passing.

Police have not released why their conclusion has changed, but have said that they have notified Sidor’s family of the incident.

See also:

“The Vancouver Island Major Crime Unit and the Saanich Police have determined that the death of Andrew Sidor did not involve foul play,” said Saanich Police in a statement.

“Police will not be commenting on the cause of death.”

Meanwhile, the BC Coroners Service has been called in to conduct their own investigation into Sidor’s death.

“Our condolences go out to Mr. Sidor’s family and friends during this emotional time,” said Detective Sgt. Damian Kowalewich, Saanich Police, in a statement.