The best way to get to know someone doesn’t just have to be over a cup of coffee or by analyzing their choice of craft beer. Sometimes, you have to step out of that rut and find a road less travelled.
Here are 5 ideas of activities to try out with that someone special this fall:
A pottery class is a great date idea for fall, not just because it is indoors and away from the rain, but because at the end of the date you have something physical to commemorate the experience.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Location: Hands on Pottery, 811 Princess Ave
Sometimes you just have to unleash your inner barbarian. Axe throwing is a great indoor activity for fall that will still have you feeling like you are out roughing it in the woods together.
- Hours: Monday – Tuesday, 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Wednesday – Sunday, 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Location: Axe and Grind, 910 Government St #107
A relationship is all about trust. Take the ‘trust fall’ to a new level and try an acro yoga class together.
This test is perfect for the adventurous and fit among us who are looking for a way to bring their love of a physical challenge into their romantic life.
- When: Saturday, October 26th, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: One Yoga Victoria, 239 Menzies St #201
This is the date that keeps on giving. Learning a new cuisine together in a cooking class will offer you romantic dinners at home for years to come.
- Hours: Varies. Check the class calendar for details
- Location: Cook Culture Victoria, 1317 Blanshard Street
Nothing says fall like hot apple cider, colourful leaves and flannel. A short ferry ride away, the Salt Spring Island Apple Festival is the perfect autumn date. Unlike Snow White, these apples are not going to lead to a sleepy day.
- When: Sunday, September 29th
- Where: 2591 Fulford-Ganges Rd, Salt Spring Island
Just because the sunshine has gone with the summer months doesn’t mean your creativity needs to leave your romantic life behind.
So get out there and get to know someone new with an exciting date activity this autumn!