If you know figure skating, then you’ve heard the name Kurt Browning.
Not only a figure skating world champion, Browning is also an Olympian, as well as choreographer and a household name among many.
Racquet Club of Victoria Skating Club is presenting Kurt Browning: The Greatest Showman on Ice, where the skater is set to dazzle crowds at the Archie Browning Arena this March 14th and March 15th.
The show’s director Deena Beacom trained with Browning at Edmonton’s Royal Glenora Club, and is a close friend – it’s only every two years the club puts on a special ice show, and this year will be the 10th show, so the club wanted to make it a spectacular one.
The four-time world champion and renowned performer is set to perform some of his classics, including Singing in the Rain, The Clown, Bring Him Home and more, while being supported by the Victoria Racquet Club’s talented skaters.
The world-renowned skater is slotted to perform three shows over the two days, and the glass will be taken out of the arena for the first time in 16 years, offering fans a much more intimate experience.
We’re giving away not only one, but two pairs of tickets to this much anticipated event – contest details are below!
Tickets are available online for reserved seating, but grab them quick – these won’t last long!
Browning has won many titles, including in 1988 when became the first figure skater in the world to land a quadruple in competition.
He has also won four world titles – with three straight between 1989 and 1991, and he was inducted into the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame in 1990 and the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 2006.
For a chance to WIN a pair of tickets to Kurt Browning: The Greatest Showman on Ice, complete one or more of the following:
- LIKE Racquet Club of Victoria on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Racquet Club of Victoria on Instagram and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on March 12th, 2020. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
- Where: Archie Browning Sports Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Road
- Saturday, March 14th – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 14th – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 15th – 1 p.m.
- Tickets: $25 each and available online