Just because we live on Vancouver Island doesn’t mean we can’t take a stay-cation at the hotels here!
And there are plenty of world-class hotels to enjoy, according to a “Best Hotels in Canada” list from U.S. News & World Report published on February 5th, 2020.
Eleven of the top 25 hotels are in British Columbia, and of those, four are on Vancouver Island.
Not a bad ratio!
View this post on Instagram
Hot off the press! So thrilled to be named Top Resort in Canada by @cntraveler in their Reader's Choice Awards for the 2nd year in a row, thanks to the efforts of our passionate team and supportive guests and community 💕 . . 📷@jeremykoreski #relaischateauxcanada #RCA2019 #hospitalityexcellence #consistency #explorevancouverisland #travelinspiration #tourismtofino #tofino
Tofino’s Wickaninnish Inn, pictured above, was ranked third on the list. It is two places behind Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim — the best hotel in Canada, according to US News & World Report.
Magnolia Hotel & Spa was Victoria’s highest ranked hotel, at number 11. Victoria’s next representative on the list is the Oak Bay Beach Hotel, which comes in at number 19.
Last but not least, Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa closed the list at number 25!
Eight of the top 25 hotels are located in Quebec, four are in Ontario, and Newfoundland & Labrador and Alberta each have one hotel in the list.
U.S. News and World Report’s list only includes luxury hotels and spas. They rank their selections based on three main criteria: awards and recognition, hotel class, and guest rating (provided through TripAdvisor).
“The U.S. News & World Report travel rankings are based on an analysis of expert and user opinions. We believe this unbiased approach makes our rankings more useful than simply providing our editors’ personal opinions,” the company says on the website where they explain their methodology.
“But even though our rankings of hotels, vacations and things to do are based on a wide collection of independent opinions, the best options for you may not be those ranked No. 1 or No. 2,” they say.
“Travel experiences are personal ones. Nonetheless, we hope that our rankings can serve as helpful guideposts as you plan your next trip.”
It’s nice to be reminded that great hotel visits and vacations aren’t just in countries far away. Sometimes, the best ones are just down the street.
View this post on Instagram
Looking for a getaway? ✈️ . . . . In January and February, stay with us for 2+ nights midweek, and receive the last night free! Visit https://brentwoodbayresort.com/rooms-suites-villas/ OR call 250.544.2079 to reserve #brentwoodbayresort #staycation #adventure #explore #explorebc #yyj #holiday #escape #travel #trip #getoutoftown #timeoff #relax #renew #resort #restore #wanderlust #fun #love
Here is the full list:
- Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver, BC
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver, BC
- Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, BC
- Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City, QC
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, Vancouver, BC
- Fogo Island Inn, Joe Batt’s Arm, NL
- The Ritz-Carlton, Montréal, QC
- The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, ON
- Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto, ON
- Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, BC
- Magnolia Hotel & Spa, Victoria, BC
- The Hazelton Hotel, Toronto, ON
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences, Whistler, BC
- Manoir Hovey, North Hatley, QC
- Hôtel William Gray, Montréal, QC
- Hôtel Le Germain, Québec City, QC
- Fairmont Chateau, Whistler, BC
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Québec City, QC
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel, Victoria, BC
- Loden Hotel, Vancouver, BC
- Hotel Le St-James, Montréal, QC
- Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto, ON
- Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, AB
- Hôtel Nelligan, Montréal, QC
- Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, Brentwood Bay, BC