As Victorians, our love for brunch knows no bounds.
And as British Columbians, we share a similar adoration for B.C.’s top doctor.
It was The Ruby restaurant who brought these two together to create the ‘Dr. Bonnie Benny’; a play on the popular breakfast order that also has a charitable twist.
According to a post on The Ruby’s Instagram, the Eggs Benedict dish is comprised of two house-made crab cakes on top of a bagel or croissant served with tomato hollandaise.
The downtown Victoria eatery says that the all-new feature will be offered indefinitely, in honour of Dr. Henry “safely getting the industry back into action”.
- Dr. Bonnie Henry portrait featured in exhibition to support Victoria’s Our Place Society
- Dr. Bonnie Henry is getting a shoe designed in her honour by John Fluevog himself
Not only does the Bonnie-inspired dish look delicious, but with every purchase, you’re also helping out the province’s kids who need it most.
The well-known brunch spot has announced that $3 out of every Dr. Bonnie Benny sold will be donated to the B.C. Children’s Hospital.
The Ruby boasts two locations in Victoria including one on Johnson Street which reopened to the public on July 8.
This features a brand new 30 seat patio and is currently open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The second location on Douglas Street currently remains closed, after both shut their doors on March 17th due to COVID-19.
- Where: 642A Johnson Street and 3110 Douglas Street
- Johnson Street: Mon-Tues 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. & Wed-Sun 8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Douglas Street: Currently closed due to COVID-19
- Online: Website | Facebook | Instagram