As we enter Step 3 of the province’s Restart Plan, we are all excited for things to return to somewhat normal and the possibility of more in-person events.
Step 3 allows us to spend time with friends we haven’t seen in a while, travel within Canada for leisure, and attend larger events than before.
It also marks masks in public spaces deemed as ‘recommended’ but not ‘mandatory’.
However, it is important to plan ahead when attending events and visiting local businesses. Stay aware of individual mask and health policies, follow protocols and respect each individual’s level of comfort as restrictions change.
This weekend, the weather has cooled on Vancouver Island and we have already begun to see more in-person events announced. Catch up with friends, get outside and try something new!
Here are 15 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, July 3rd-4th:
Drag Brunch the Vicious Poodle is back every Saturday afternoon! Brunch begins at 11:00 a.m. with the show at noon.
- Where: 726 Johnson Street, The Vicious Poodle
- When: 11:00 a.m., Saturday, July 3rd and Sunday, July 4th.
The Pride Float on the Gorge is a sober and family-friendly. Bring everyone to celebrate!
- Where: The Gorge waterway
- When: 12:00 p.m., Saturday, July 3rd
Concerts are back! The Victoria Bluegrass festival is an outdoor event with 5 hours of music. Performers include Rick & Rusty, Lester, Cob, Hernandez & Swain as well as open stage and open jam portions.
- Where: Location sent with ticket purchase.
- When: 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday July 3rd
- Tickets: $40, can be purchased here
Visit the Goldstream Farmers Market, located conveniently on Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Where: Veterans Memorial Park, Langford
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays until October
Visiting Sooke Country Market is a perfect Saturday morning activity. Browse through the vendors selling everything from fresh produce, jewelry, gardening supplies and more.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: John Phillips Memorial Park, 2201 Otter Point Road
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays until October 9th
2021 marks Moss Street Market’s 30th season in operation. If you prefer contactless pick up, you can visit the online Moss Street Market to pick up your order.
Check out the list of vendors.
- Where: 1330 Fairfield Road
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturdays through October
The Sidney Street Market is back! After a prolonged COVID-19 absence, the market has returned to a new location at the Mary Winspear Centre. While you’re there, be sure to check out Glory Bakehouse for some delicious brownies.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney
- When: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., every Sunday through October 10th
Visit the Metchosin Farmers Market for fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and more!
- Where: Metchosin Municipal Grounds, 4450 Happy Valley Road
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Sundays until the end of October
With a proud, prudent, plethora of Pride events going on, this week will tantalize anyone looking to celebrate themselves and Victoria’s fabulous LGBTQ2S+ community.
- Where: Virtual/Online
- When: #YYJ Pride Parade, 12:00 p.m., July 4th
Victoria Pride Festival Extravaganza Show, 1:00 p.m., July 4th
This summer, attend a completely unique yoga experience at Sea Cider, a silent disco yoga class. Enjoy a complimentary cider tasting after the class!
- Where: Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, 2487 Mt. St. Michael Rd, Saanichton
- When: Most Sundays at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- To book: Buy your tickets online
Uptown has transformed with a brand new, summer themed mural. The mural includes over 300 feet of summer-themed games and activities.
It’s time to hit up happy hour and enjoy some cheap eats and drinks. Check out our running list of cheap happy hours in and around Victoria.
If you want to view a beautiful dried floral archway and support mental health initiatives in Victoria, visit the Bay Centre’s ‘Canopy in Bloom’ display. During your visit, be sure to take a photo and post to social media using the hashtags #CanopyinBloom and #BlueLoveCampaign.
- Where: Centre Court of the Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
- When: Open shopping centre hours, everyday until September 20th
Victoria’s first Community Fridge has opened in Rock Bay, to assist in ensuring all residents have access to food. Locals can visit, take whatever they need, or donate to help support those in need. Before donating, please look at their list of donation guidelines.
- Where: 2725 Rock Bay Avenue
- When: The Community Fridge is open 24/7
The Little Free Libraries, located across Greater Victoria, have launched their very own Bingo game! Visit a Little Free Library near you to pick up a card (or download one here) and explore your neighbourhood for more libraries to complete your card.
Just a reminder: When attending any events, please adhere to COVID-19 health and safety restrictions, including proper physical distancing and wearing a mask or face-covering in public indoor and retail spaces based on the businesses’ policy. If you are sick, stay home!