In a release Thursday, Saanich Police have indicated they have identified the man involved with Monday’s alleged child-luring incident.
The man is said to be completely cooperative in the police’s investigation and the incident has been determined to be a matter of misunderstanding.
All involved have been notified and, according to Saanich PD, there are no safety risks to the public stemming from this incident.
On Monday, November 15th, just before 3:30 p.m., officers responded to a call near Claremont Secondary School.
According to the report, a 10-year-old child had been approached by a man in a vehicle. The man attempted to lure the child to his car who refused.
The child made it home safely and told their parents about the incident.
Saanich PD applauded the child for their response to the situation and for acting so bravely.
They encourage parents to speak to their children regarding the dangers of strangers and what to do in similar situations.
Parents should teach their child that if a stranger approaches to ask for assistance or presents an offering, to refuse, walk away, find a safe place, and call the police or an adult that they know or trust.