The BC Ministry of Health reported 2,046 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, December 23rd.
There have been 233,217 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 880
- Fraser Health: 741
- Island Health: 248
- Interior Health: 123
- Northern Health: 53
- Resident outside Canada: 1
There have been 975 cases of the Omicron variant of concern confirmed in B.C.:
- Fraser Health: 221
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 496
- Interior Health: 19
- Northern Health: four
- Island Health: 235
There are currently 8,739 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
221,872 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 195 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 75 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,410.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks in the province.
There is a total of 1 ongoing health care outbreak in the province.
There are currently no health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health reported 248 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 884 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 500 │Total Cases: 5981
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 228│Total Cases: 6699
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 156│Total Cases: 2475
41 people remain in hospital with 18 in ICU.
There was 1 new deaths reported in the Island Health region today, and a total of 139 deaths on Vancouver Island.
As of Thursday, December 23rd:
- 9,248,433 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 87.7% (4,372,428) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.7% (4,124,437) have received their second dose.
- 91.8% (4,255,333) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89% (4,124,353) received their second dose and 17% (785,505) have received a third dose.
- 92.2% (3,986,940) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.5% (3,869,327) received their second dose and 18% (784,714) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.