The BC Ministry of Health reported 3,144 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, January 7th.
There have been 276,875 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 483
- Fraser Health: 1,416
- Island Health: 475
- Interior Health: 526
- Northern Health: 244
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 33,184 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
240,198 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 349 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 93 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
9 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,439.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
There have been 2 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Surrey Memorial Hospital and Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge (Fraser Health).
There are a total of 38 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 8 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
As of Friday, January 7th:
- 9,604,331 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 88.5% (4,410,494) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.1% (4,142,030) have received their second dose.
- 92.1% (4,269,410) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.4% (4,141,729) have received their second dose and 23.5% (1,089,023) have received a third dose.
- 92.5% (3,999,841) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.8% (3,885,236) received their second dose and 25.2% (1,088,028) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.