The BC Ministry of Health reported 5,625 new cases of COVID-19 for a three-day period on Monday, January 17th.
There have been 299,146 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
- Friday-Saturday: 2,383
- Saturday-Sunday: 1,733
- Sunday-Monday: 1,509
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 1,155
- Fraser Health: 1,884
- Island Health: 681
- Interior Health: 1,345
- Northern Health: 556
- Resident outside Canada: 4
There are currently 35,985 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
257,677 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 819 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 99 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
22 new people have died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 2,490.
There have been 8 new health-care facility outbreaks in the province: Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor (Fraser Health), Heritage Square (Interior Health), Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court and Selkirk Village Assisted Living (Island Health).
The outbreaks at Royal Columbian Hospital, The Waverly Seniors Village, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health) and German Canadian Benevolent Society Home (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been declared over.
There are a total of 50 ongoing health care outbreaks in the province.
There are currently 16 health care outbreaks in the Island Health region.
Island Health has confirmed that they have discontinued updating their dashboard, which contained breakdowns of active cases by region on Vancouver Island.
As of Monday, January 17th:
- 10,108,113 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC
- 89.2% (4,447,145) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.4% (4,155,929) have received their second dose.
- 92.4% (4,281,923) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.6% (4,155,444) received their second dose and 33.3% (1,544,191) have received a third dose.
- 92.7% (4,011,270) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.1% (3,897,871) have received their second dose and 35.7% (1,542,958) have received a third dose.
You can view the worldwide stats here.