Free donuts while you interview for the perfect job? Yes, please!
Dozens of employers are looking to fill a number of positions and will be taking part in a hiring fair in Sidney next week to recruit some local talent.
The event will run from 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. and there will be over 40 local employers from many different industries ready to interview and hire on the spot!
The event will be fully inclusive and accessible and will include a quiet lounge, interview coaching, free refreshments and donuts (from Sidney Bakery!).
Industries include construction, manufacturing, marine, healthcare, retail, hospitality, education, tourism, security, gaming, not-for profit and many more.
If you’re in need of transportation to the event, send an email to email@example.com.
Job seekers are encouraged to arrive prepared with a resume for the wide variety of jobs that will be available—it’s not only just retail!
As a thank you for spreading the word about this unique event, we’ve partnered with WorkBC Centre-Sidney and Sidney BIA to give away a $100 gift card to Save-on-Foods, and you’ll find those contest details below.
The list of employers that will be at the job fair include:
The WorkBC Program is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
For a chance to win a $100 gift card to a Save-on-Foods, complete one or more of the following:
- LIKE Sidney BIA and WorkBC Centre-Sidney on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Sidney BIA on Instagram, and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28th, 2023. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue
- When: Thursday, March 2nd from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.