This ain’t no joke, it’s already Aprils 1st!
While you sift through what’s real and what’s not throughout the morning, we can promise you it is the first weekend of April and the events below are real—and real fun, too!
Without further ado, here are 14 events happening in and around Victoria this weekend, April 1st to 2nd:
Meet the Makers series at The Bay Centre
Join Team Market Collective and over 40 local + handmade Artisans the first Saturday of February through June! This is a free event to attend.
- Where: The Bay Centre, located 1st and 2nd level
- When: Saturday, April 1st, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Breakfast Club – for Artists
Enjoy a morning of learning, networking, and paninis! Have you ever wondered how copyright law applies to you as an artist? Feeling unstable as an artist in an increasingly digital world? Are you interested in applying for artist grants but have no idea where to start? Or do you simply want to meet other artists in your community over coffee and sandwiches? This event could be for you!
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre
- When: Saturday, April 1st, 5 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Spring Break Scavenger Hunt at Uptown
What’s better than welcoming Spring with an interactive scavenger hunt fit for the whole family? An epic grand prize as the cherry on top!
Search for 5 scan spots around the property that you can easily scan with your phone, with the chance to win tons of prizes. Running from March 17th until April 2nd, you’ll have plenty of time to hunt for instant wins!
Plus, with a Grand Prize of one of TWO pairs of Apple AirPods Max, you’ll want to challenge whoever you can to a race to the proverbial finish line!
- Where: Bilston Creek Farm, 4185 Metchosin Road
- When: Saturday, April 1st, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bilston Spring Market Series
Discover the beauty of Bilston at our 2nd Annual Spring Market Series! With over 40 rotating vendors and a new market experience each weekend, you’re in for a real treat!
Explore the 12 acres of orchard, fields, patio, and our custom built post and beam barn, while shopping the latest creations from talented artists and makers.
- Where: Uptown, 3440 Saanich Road
- When: Goes until April 2nd
Shop for free! Donated clothing is sorted by our volunteers and includes clothes for all ages and styles! It’s free for anyone to participate – come and fill up a bag to take home.
Do you have clothing to donate? They accept donations of clean, gently used items during Clothing Swap hours for all sizes, from babies to adult.
- Where: Fairfield Gonzales Community Association
- When: Saturday, April 1st, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Victoria Roots Revival
Oliver Swain brings together some of the finest Bluegrass, Jazz, Folk-Rock, Songwriters and Psych-Folk Artists in the CRD for a night of Roots Music and new horizons!
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street 2 floor
- When: Saturday, April 1st, Starts at 7 p.m.
Challenge Yourself at Haunted Manor Victoria
Haunted Manor offers a fun and interactive way to engage as a group, whether it’s a birthday party, corporate team-building experience, or your special event.
- Where: 711 Yates Street
- Monday-Friday – 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday – 12 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Vancouver Island’s notoriously high-spirited, rip-roarin’ indie rock band Current Swell is back this spring at the Royal Theatre with their rollicking rock/roots sound and incendiary stage presence.
After a raucous and highly anticipated East Coast tour in 2022, Current Swell is returning to the local stage with Scott Stanton on vocals and guitar, Davers Lang on vocals and guitar,
Louie Sadava on bass and vocals, Marcus Manhas on drums, Phil Hamelin on trumpet and keys, and Dave St. Jean on trombone.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- When: Saturday, April 1st, doors open at 8 p.m.
Merkules at Capital Ballroom
MRG Live presents Merkules with fleshxfur, and Lil Kilo.
- Where: Capital Ballroom, 858 Yates Street
- When: Saturday, April 1st, doors open at 8 p.m.
Unkle Whiskey and his Salty Nutz
Don’t get fooled again! Head down to BBJ’s for some live music! No cover!
- Where: Big Bad John’s, 919 Douglas Street
- When: Sunday, April 2nd, doors open at 8 p.m.
Photos with the bunny at Westshore Town Centre
On April 1st, 2nd and 8th, snap some pics with the Easter Bunny at Westshore Town Centre before they have to leave to deliver your chocolates!
- Where: Westshore Town Centre
- When: Saturday April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd (check their website for details)
Easter Traditions Event
Meaningful Easter traditions create memories that last a lifetime. We invite you to share the joy of Easter with us and feel the atmosphere of the celebration. What they offer: Varenyki-perogies, paska, poppy-seed rolls, sausage-kovbassa, Ukrainian souvenirs, Easter eggs and Pysanka-workshop. Enjoy our hot lunch: Small combo plate $10 / Borscht $4.
- Where: Ukrainian Cultural Centre, 3277 Douglas Street
- When: Sunday, April 2nd, starts at 12 p.m.
Indigenous Pop Up Shop YYJ April Market
Indigenous artists selling their creations. We have handmade beadwork, cedar bark weaving, herbals, sealskin jewelry, gemstone ritual candles, lots of art, silver and copper earrings and Bannock!
- Where: Norway House, 1110 Hillside Avenue
- When: Sunday, April 2nd, starts at 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Experience Karen’s Diner
Home to great burgers and rude service, Karen’s Diner has arrived.
Originally launched in restaurants and stores across Australia and the UK, the OG Karens have embarked on a world tour, dishing out ungrateful service in the land of people that say sorry far too often.
- Where: Sonora Bar and Grill, 531 Yates Street
- When: March 31st to April 1st