Have you got GUTS, Victoria?
This June, people will come together to walk the Cedar Hill Golf Course Chip Trail in
support of something many Victorians are affected by every day, Crohn’s disease and
There are 300,000 Canadians living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The annual
Gutsy Walk takes place to help raise awareness of these diseases.
The 28th annual Gutsy Walk is happening in parks across Canada on Sunday, June 4th
and raises funds for much-needed research and patient care programs.
The Victoria Gutsy Walk will take place on the Chip Trail at the Cedar Hill Golf Course,
and you can register to participate online. Take part in this 5km walk by registering as an individual or create a team to help Victoria reach their
goal of $60,000.
By registering for Gutsy Walk, you are supporting people affected by inflammatory
bowel disease and you could be eligible for:
- 2023 Gutsy Walk t-shirt if you raise $100 or more
- Top Pledge Earner (TPE) Club by raising $1000 or more – awesome year-end prizes
- See more prizing here
As Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s largest research fundraiser, the Gutsy Walk has raised
over $50-million since it first began in 1996—these proceeds go toward advancing
research and the understanding of Crohn’s disease and colitis, which helps improve
quality of life for everyone facing these diseases and moves us closer to cures.
The fun-filled event is volunteer-driven with volunteer committees in 70+ locations
across the country, who help make Gutsy Walk possible!
You can show your support for the Gutsy Walk—even if you are not walking!—by
contributing virtually, using #gutsywalk on social media and tagging Crohn’s and Colitis
Canada’s social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram. Help make a difference
by donating here, donations of $15 or more receive a tax receipt.
Life with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis can be lonely, debilitating, and unpredictable. By participating in the Gutsy Walk, you are showing the thousands of Canadians living with IBD that they are not alone.
Learn more about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis here.
In celebration of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s Gutsy Walk returning to an in-person event, we’re giving away a $100 Save-On-Foods gift card! Here’s how to win it:
- LIKE Crohn’s and Colitis Canada – Victoria Chapter on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Crohn’s and Colitis Canada – Victoria Chapter on Instagram and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 12 p.m. PST on May 23rd. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter within 24 hours of the contest closing. Good luck!
- Where: Cedar Hill Golf Course (Chip Trail), 1400 Derby Road
- When: Sunday, June 4th
- Registration/Check in at 9 a.m.
- To register: Head online to register!