Spring has definitely sprung! What a beautiful sunshine-filled week we’ve had – if you are feeling recharged and looking for something to do, we have compiled a few things happening around town this weekend. For more, visit the Victoria Buzz events calendar.
The Michael Dunahee Keep the Hope Alive Drive
- What: The 5km family fun walk/run through Esquimalt benefits Child Find BC. Route is wheelchair, stroller and pet friendly. Register here, online registration closes on Friday April 1 at 11:59pm.
- When: Sunday April 3, begins at 10:00am
- Where: Esquimalt Curling Rink, 1151 Esquimalt Road
Victoria Craft Beer & Culinary Tour
- What: Tour highlights include: 7 local craft beer samples from 4 stops, 3 food samples, guided tour of the historic Lower Johnson and Market Square, history and stories about the local craft beer scene and an art tour at Swan’s Hotel & Brewpub. $65, register here.
- When: Sunday April 3, tour starts 3:00pm
- Where: Meet at the Hawk & Hen, 531 Yates Street
Boys & Girls Mad Hatter Ball
- What: In support of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Victoria. Dress up in your finery and best hat for Mad Hatter Ball, silent and live auction taking place. Reception at 6:00pm followed by dinner and entertainment at 7:00pm. $150 per ticket, available here.
- When: Saturday April 2 from 6:00-10:00pm
- Where: Bear Mountain Resort, 1999 Country Club Way
“CATALYST” by Island Circus Space
- What: Island Circus Space is proud to present you their first production, put on by an exceptionally talented cast. With this show they are hoping to kick off a circus community and build an infrastructure here in Victoria. $30/adult, $20/child. More information here.
- When: Saturday April 2, showtimes at 4:00pm and 8:00pm; Sunday April 3, showtimes at 4:00pm and 6:30pm
- Where: Metro Studio, 1411 Quadra Street
- What: Live music and lots of different vendors selling everything from local produce to jewelry and everything in between. Brunch will be available.
- When: Sunday April 3 from 11:00am-3:00pm
- Where: Victoria Public Market at the Hudson, 1701 Douglas Street
The Victoria Highland Association presents Tartan Day
- What: In recognition of “National Tartan Day” there will be pipeband performances, highland dancers, heavy event athlete demonstration and the Knacker’s Band playing at Centennial Square.
- When: Sunday April 3 from 12:00-4:00pm
- Where: Centennial Square, Downtown Victoria
Free ARTrageous Night
- What: Let your creativity fly at the teen lounge.
- When: Saturday April 2 from 5:00-7:00pm
- Where: Panorama Recreation Centre, 1885 Forest Park Drive
Eves of Destruction Roller Derby Exhibition
- What: Celebrating 10 years of the all-girls roller derby team in Victoria. Pre-season game. By donation at the door.
5:30pm – The Hard Cores vs. Brass Knuckle Derby Dames
7:30pm – Eves of Destruction The A-Team vs. The Pick-Up Sticks.
- When: Saturday April 2, doors open at 5:00pm
- Where: Archie Browning Arena, 1151 Esquimalt Road