Three cheers to the BC capital!
Victoria is the only Canadian city that made it into CNN’s list of 15 best beer cities around the world this year.
- 4 Vancouver Island breweries team up for a ‘killer’ collab
- Victoria’s 27th annual Great Canadian Beer Festival announces 2019 brewery line up
The news network has just released a list of places around the world that all beer connoisseurs and craft brew lovers must visit.
“The beer revolution came early to Victoria, with its first brewpub opening in 1984 and the number of breweries and beer-focused outlets steadily growing since then,” writes CNN.
They go on to highlight staples like Swans Brewery and Canoe Brewpub in downtown Victoria, along with Hoyne Brewing Co. and Driftwood Brewery for their innovative beers.
What’s your favourite Victoria brew?
Here’s the full list of best beer cities:
- Portland, Maine, USA
- Asheville, North Carolina, USA
- Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
- Brussels, Belgium
- Tokyo, Japan
- Shanghai, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Rome, Italy
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Melbourne, Australia
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Warsaw, Poland
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Budapest, Hungary