The BC Ministry of Health reported 698 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, August 25th.
There have been 161,969 cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
New cases were reported in these health regions:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 129
- Fraser Health: 203
- Island Health: 69
- Interior Health: 252
- Northern Health: 45
- Resident outside Canada: 0
There are currently 5,356 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
154,669 people who tested positive have recovered.
There are now a total of 139 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 75 of whom are in critical care — ICU or acute care units.
1 new person has died from COVID-related causes, making the provincial death toll 1,802.
Data by Vaccination Status:
From August 10th to 23rd, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 83.3% of cases and 85.0% of hospitalizations.
Cases (August 23rd):
- Unvaccinated: 372 (68.4%)
- Partially vaccinated: 53 (9.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 119 (21.9%)
Cases (August 17th-23rd):
- Unvaccinated: 3,051 (66.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 535 (16.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 752 (16.6%)
Hospitalizations (August 10th-23rd)
- Unvaccinated: 144 (77.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 15 (8.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 28 (15%)
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks: Brock Fahrni in Vancouver Coastal Health and Spring Valley Care Centre in Interior Health.
There are currently 8 active outbreaks in long term care: Heritage Village in Fraser Health, Brock Fahrni in Vancouver Coastal Health, Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre and Spring Valley Care Centre in Interior Health.
There is 1 outbreak in acute care facilities: Peace Arch Hospital in Fraser Health.
There are currently 5 active outbreaks in assisted or independent living facilities: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge in Interior Health.
Island Health reported 69 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Island region and 397 active cases.
Breakdown of cases on Vancouver Island:
- South Vancouver Island Active cases: 171 │Total Cases: 2413
- Central Vancouver Island Active cases: 159 │ Total Cases: 2829
- North Vancouver Island Active cases: 67 │Total Cases: 820
12 people remain in hospital with 12 in ICU.
There have been no new deaths in the Island Health region today, and a total of 43 deaths on Vancouver Island.
83.5% of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 75.4% received their second dose.
In addition, 84.2% of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 76.5% received their second dose.
To date, 7,369,741 (+18,270) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in BC; 3,493,119 (+10,243) of which are second doses.
Some links include:
- Details on the latest provincial restrictions
- BCCDC information on how to get tested
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
At the time of this publication, 214,387,037 cases of COVID-19 had been recorded worldwide. 4,471,263 have died, and 191,865,890 have recovered.