After a successful inaugural event, the Uptown Multicultural Festival is returning this weekend—and you’re invited!
Uptown Shopping Centre has partnered with the District of Saanich once more to bring a whole lineup of community cultural vendors, musicians and performances to Uptown Boulevard.
The Uptown Multicultural Festival will take place on Saturday, July 15th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and aims to recognize the cultural diversity and inclusive community of Saanich.
Uptown’s pedestrian boulevard will be filled to the brim with a wide array of multicultural vendors, and there will also be food trucks featuring different cuisines for you to sample.
Here’s a list of vendors who will be on-site this Saturday:
- African Heritage Association of Vancouver Island
- Andrea Fitz Art
- Flourish BeauTea
- Chinatown Lions
- Chinese Community Services Centre
- Capital Regional District
- Dosa Kitchen
- Freedom Mobile
- Friends of Gashora
- Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Victoria Police Diversity Advisory
- Harum Tea
- Inasal House
- Island Rhythmic Gymnastics Club
- Jovi Studio
- Limena Cuisine
- Ono Poke
- Saanich Community Planning
- Saanich Community Policing
- Saanich Emergency Program
- Saanich Fire
- Saanich Community Association Network
- Sizzling Tandoor Food Truck
- Sun Lit Faces Face Painting
- Vancouver Island Brazilian Association
- Victoria Bengali Cultural Society
- Victoria Chinatown Lioness Lions
- Wong Sheung Kung Fu Club
- Yummy Food Truck
On the main stage, festival-goers can expect to see performers such as the Lekwungen Traditional Dancers and more.
Here’s the full schedule of the day’s performances:
- 11 a.m. – Lekwungen Dancers
- 11:20 a.m. – Opening Ceremony
- 12 p.m. – Naby Camara with Drum Victoria
- 12:30 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico of Victoria Fiesta Latina
- 1 p.m. – Wong Sheung Kung Fu Club Traditional Lion Dance
- 1:30 p.m. – Victoria Bengali Cultural Society
- 2 p.m. – Chinese Opera Club
- 2:30 p.m. – O’Brien School of Irish Dance
- 3 p.m. – Flamenco Victoria
- 3:30 p.m. – Park’s MBA Taekwondo
- 4 p.m. – Hollytree Morris Dancers
- 4:30 p.m. – DJ Abe Lee
Last year’s first annual Uptown Multicultural Festival drew thousands of community members excited to take in the sights and sounds of the diverse event.
The event is free to attend, will be family-friendly and welcomes all ages!
- Where: The Boulevard and The Plaza at Uptown Shopping Centre
- When: Saturday, July 15th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.