Get ready, Victoria!
After a week of rain and gloom, this weekend’s forecast looks promising.
This weekend, admire art in a new gallery or on a self-guided tour, visit a farmers market for fresh produce, or attend a festival.
As we make our way through June, events are in full swing!
Here are 24 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, June 10th-12th:
Langford Station has a whole new look and it is sure to be the new place to be!
The station turned community hub will feature cold drinks, delicious food and plenty of shopping every Friday throughout the summer.
The weekly pop-up summer series is hosted by Victoria Beer Society who will also be on site serving up cold sleeves and flights of craft beer each week.
- Where: Langford Station, 720 Station Avenue
- When: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., every Friday from May 20th to August 26th
This weekend, Adorned opens at The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria.
The opening celebration kicks off on June 10th, showcasing original works of art in fashion featuring artists from across the company.
The opening event will feature music by DJ Enzo and a pop-up fashion show from Victoria Eco Fashion Week.
- Where: 1040 Moss Street, The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- When: Opening celebration: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, June 10th and open house 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday June 11th
- Admission: Free!
After a two year hiatus, the Celebration of Philippine Culture festival is back in person!
Happening in Victoria’s own Centennial square, the Philippine Bayanihan Community Centre is bringing back the Mabuhay festival for its fifth year–and best of all, it’s entirely free to attend!
- Where: Centennial Square, downtown Victoria
- Saturday, June 11th, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 12th, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Admission: Free
If you love art, you will love this weekend’s Fernwood Art Stroll.
The 14th annual, self-guided tour of 29 artists’ studios, homes and gardens throughout the Fernwood neighbourhood will feature everything from fibre art to paint to ceramics to poetry.
- Where: Fernwood neighbourhood
- When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday June 11th and Sunday, June 12th
ReLove Market, a premier second-hand & vintage pop up market, is back this weekend at Market Square!
The event has been popping up all over the city since November 2021, featuring local artisans, makers in fashion, vintage, beauty, home and lifestyle.
- Where: 560 Johnson Street, Market Square
- When: 12 p.m. to 5 pm., Saturday June 11th and Sunday, June 12th
This Sunday, stop by Upcycle Clothing Collective with a friend for coffee and consignment.
Shop, drink Routine Coffee and Supply coffee and discover some new amazing finds!
- Where: 517 Fort Street, Upcycle Clothing Collective
- When: 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sunday, June 12th
A grand opening celebration for Vancouver Island Regional Library’s (VIRL) newest branch in Sooke will finally be held this June, after events were postponed due to ongoing librarian strikes.
On Saturday, June 11th, the Sooke branch will offer special guests, children’s programs, live entertainment, speeches, snacks and more to officially open the state-of-the-art new library after years of planning, consulting and construction.
- Where: 6671 Wadams Way, Sooke
- When: 2 p.m., Saturday June 11th
The James Bay Market has been in operation for 28 years. Visitors can still support local farms, food producers and craft vendors when they visit the James Bay staple.
- When: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays from May 7th to September 24th
- Where: Corner of Menzies and Superior Street
Everything at the Goldstream Farmers Market is homemade, handmade or home grown.
Vendors offer local fruits and vegetables, fresh-baked breads and goodies, unique and quality crafts and textile creations. There is also live music, a water park and food trucks.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from May to October
- Where: Veterans’ Memorial Park, Langford
From April to October, you can find farm fresh veggies, crafts, baking, art and more at the Sooke Country Market.
The market is located in John Phillips Park, near the Sooke district hall.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturdays from April 23rd to October 8th
- Where: Memorial Park, John Philips, Sooke
Summer 2020 marks the 31st season of the Moss Street Market. The family favourite offers local and organic produce, handmade crafts, artisan clothing as well as community education.
Moss Street Market now offers an online market with delivery and pick up options. The organization also runs a Winter Market (November through April).
- When: 10 a.m.to 2 p.m., every Saturday May through October
- Where: 401 Moss Street, Sir James Douglas school grounds, surrounding boulevards and Porter Park
2022 marks the 15th year of the North Saanich Farm Market!
The market is made possible by the love and work of many local growers, crafters, bakers, vintners and brewers and the dedicated volunteers and board.
- When: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturdays from June 5th to October
- Where: 10990 West Saanich Road
The Peninsula Country Market has more than 50 vendors weekly offering farm fresh products, jams and jellies, honey, homemade bread, cut flowers, assorted meats, organic produce and a fine selection of arts and crafts.
- When: 1528 Stellys Cross Road, Saanich Fairgrounds
- Where: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturdays from June 4th to October 8th
Sunriver Community Yard Sale
This weekend, stop by the 10th annual Sunriver Estates Community Yard Sale!
With over 1000 homes in the Sooke neighbourhood participating, you are sure to find some treasures!
The event is happening rain or shine, offering clothing, books, tools, kids gear, collectables, furniture, a variety of crafts and handmade goods and much more.
The Sooke Harbourside Lions Club will also be serving coffee and muffins in the morning followed by BBQ hot dogs and drinks in the afternoon.
- Where: 2350 Sunriver Way, Sooke. The sale can be accessed via four entrances to the neighbourhood off Phillips Road.
- When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday June 11th
On Saturday, the Victoria Events Centre will be hosting a 19+ event ‘Story Party True Dating Stories’.
At this event, you will hear true dating stories that are sure to make you laugh!
- Where: Victoria Events Centre
- When: Doors open at 6 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m., Saturday June 11th
- Tickets: $35 each. You can grab your tickets here.
This month, the James Bay Athletic Association will be hosting its first annual Spot Prawn and Fiddle Fest which features all of the above, in celebration of the return of connection, summer concerts and events.
The free, family-friendly event will take place on June 12th at MacDonald Park, featuring rugby exhibitions, vendors, a fiddle contest, beverage garden and more.
- Where: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, June 12th
- When: MacDonald Park in James Bay
- Admission: Free
On Sunday, stop by the Roots Reunited Fundraiser Garage Sale at Prospect Lake Community Hall to support Ukrainian Refugees.
There will be clothes, books, camping supplies, sporting equipment, household items, toys, furniture and more.
- Where: 5358 Sparton Road, Prospect Lake Community Hall
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday June 12th
This summer, take a relaxing drive into Metchosin country, where the sheep and cattle graze and the rolling hills beckon.
Buy your fresh vegetables, breads, jams, salsa, baked goods and gifts (or crafts) for your loved ones.
- When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays from May 8th to October 30th
- Where: 4450 Happy Valley Road, Metchosin Municipal Grounds
The Sidney Farmers Market is back with artisans, baking, clothing, health and beauty, entertainment and more!
Check out their website weekly for updated vendor lists.
- Where: Outdoor parking area of Mary Winspear Centre
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sundays from May 8th to September 25th
The event will kick off by a welcome by TEALIYE/Brianna Bear.
Invite your friends, grab a blanket or lawn chair and bring along a picnic!
- Where: Harris Green Park
- When: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday June 12th
- Registration: Free! You can register here.
Oceans Week Victoria is back with a splash and celebrating 10 days of events, bringing the community together to explore and interact with our ocean.
On Sunday, June 12th, head down to Fisherman’s Wharf for an educational, family-friendly event which brings hundreds of people together to learn about all things ocean-related.
- Where: Fisherman’s Wharf
- When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, June 12th
- Price: Free
Sitting on a patio? Having a picnic? Enjoying a walk with friends? Iced coffee is the perfect accessory.
Want to know where you can get a quality cool, caffeinated beverage in the city?
Check out our list of 11 local cafes where you can get the best ice coffee here.
Local water parks have announced their upcoming opening dates for the summer months and soon, kids will be eager for you to take them to make the most of their summer.
Check out our list of local water parks here!
Nothing screams summer like an outdoor festival and the delicious smells of food trucks cooking up your favourite foods.
Thankfully, Victoria is abundant in delicious and unique food trucks, all locally-owned and operated.
Check out our list here!