Happy Friday, Victoria!
There’s plenty to do this sunny Friday! Take an adrenaline-pumping ride at the Esquimalt Buccaneer Days celebration, find the perfect gift at cozy downtown market, explore a board game convention, and more!
Without further ado here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Friday, May 10th.
The highly anticipated Esquimalt Buccaneer Days returns for its 3 day run today!
Come check out the awesome parade, adrenaline-pumping rides, classic carnival games, tasty snacks, live music and dancers, police K9 demonstrations, and more! If you can’t make it today, don’t worry, the carnival will be open on Saturday and Sunday too.
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Archie Browning Sports Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Road
Another exciting 3 day event kicks off today!
Get ready to meet a vibrant community of board game lovers at this board game-playing convention! Perfect for those who love complex or strategic tabletop games, just don’t forget to register!
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Comfort Inn & Suites Victoria, 3020 Blanshard Street
It’s a wild night; great music, paint flies and masterpieces are created before your eyes!
Painters put their skills to the test with only 20 minutes to turn blank canvases into incredible pieces of original art that will be available via silent auction.
- When: 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad St
Bastion Square Market Days returns to Victoria, today!
This little market is filled with local vendors and is the perfect spot to pick up something truly unique.
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Bastion Square Public Markets
In the market for some cute little house plants? Looking for the perfect gift?
Find what you’re looking for at the Victoria Cactus & Succulent Society Show & Sale! Parking and admission are free so there’s no reason not to explore the verdant little shrubbery.
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Church of the Advent, 510 Mt. View Avenue