According to police, Banks has just turned himself in at the Western Communities Court House in Colwood and was arrested by BC Sheriffs.
West Shore RCMP are searching for a man with multiple outstanding warrants who they believe is evading them.
41-year-old Nicholas Banks is wanted for 10 outstanding warrants (8 unendorsed and 2 endorsed), which stem from several ongoing investigations.
According to a media release, he is wanted for the following:
- Assault with a Weapon Sec. 267(a) Criminal Code (endorsed warrant)
- Breach of Release Order Sec. 145(5)(a) Criminal Code (endorsed warrant)
- Theft over $5000 Sec. 334(a) Criminal Code (2 unendorsed warrants)
- Possession of Stolen Property over $5000 Sec. 355(a) Criminal Code (2 unendorsed warrant)
- Breach of Release Order Sec. 145(5)(a) Criminal Code (2 unendorsed warrant)
- Flight from Police Sec. 320.17 Criminal Code (unendorsed warrant)
- Assault a Police Officer Sec. 270(1) Criminal Code (unendorsed warrant)
Banks is described as a Caucasian man, standing 6”4 tall and weighs about 229 pounds. He is bald and has hazel eyes.
Banks is allegedly evading the police and is believed to be dangerous. If you see him, don’t approach and call the police immediately.
Anyone with information about Banks’ whereabouts or have recently seen him, call West Shore RCMP at 250-474-2264.